After many years of work, our Golf House Apartments project is almost complete. Very much for us a “labour of love” we thank Collette Dinnegan for her wonderful interiors which are a major feature of the project. The outside also is very expressive of its purpose and its location.
In essence this building expresses several key aspects of our work, these being :
- That a building especially when its purpose is to create a “home” : has to have “a heart” ~ a sense of “warmness” and be a “welcoming retreat” from the busy-ness of city life
- That a building should work to express the “spirit of its area” ~ in this case the dynamic and exciting area of Surry Hills
- That a building should be very efficiently planned and be straightforward and very cost effective to construct
- That a building needs to meet the needs and objectives of its market
- That a building should have a positive impact on its immediate context